If you like traditional pecan pie, then try out these keto gooey pecan bars!
First, make the crust:
- 1 and 1/4 cup of almond flour
- 4 TBSP of pyure or other keto-approved granular sweetener
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 TBSP of grassfed butter (still cold), cut into 8-12 piecces
- Preheat the oven to 325 F
- Put the first 4 ingredients above in a food processor and pulse to combine.
- Add the butter on top, and pulse 5-10 times until the mixture becomes crumbles
- Pour the mixture into a square baking dish and press into the bottom of the dish, as evenly as possible
- Bake for 13 minutes. The edges should start to brown slightly.
While the crust is baking, make the filling:
- 1 cup pecans, chopped into pieces
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/2 cup of powdered keto-approved sweetener, such as surkin icing (sukrin melis)
- 3 TBSP keto-approved brown-sugar substitute, such as sukrin gold
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 2 eggs, large
- A pinch of salt
- 6 squares of Lindt 90% dark chocolate (about 2 ounces)
- Put the chopped pecans on a cookie sheet in a single layer, and toast in the oven for about 2 minutes. Remove.
- Melt the butter in a small sauce pan over medium-low heat then add the 2 sweeteners and whisk together.
- Once well combined, remove from the heat
- Add in vanilla extract and cream and continue whisking.
- Once well combined, add in the eggs and salt and continue whisking. Set aside while the crust finishes baking.
- Chop the chocolate into tiny pieces. Set aside.
Assemble the bars
- Put the pecans and chocolate on top of the baked crust, spread evenly.
- Pour the filling mixture over top.
- Bake for 20 minutes. The middle should still jiggle a little.
- Let cool for 20 minutes before cutting.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
These are really good reheated too. You can refrigerate these over night and heat up in a microwave for 10-15 seconds and they get nice and gooey again. They taste okay cold too, but they are much better warm.
If you cut this into 16 pieces, then each will come out around 200 calories and 2g net carbs.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.