Tuscan Kale, AKA dinosaur kale, is probably the most delicious breed of kale that is often a hidden secret to the kale world. A lot of people who first taste kale usually have the more common breeds and immediately hate the bitter taste and turn away from kale from the get go. However, Tuscan kale is naturally sweet and is delicious raw.
- 1 large bag or Tuscan kale, or one head, chopped and large stems removed. Hint: You can get a bag of prepared Tuscan kale at Trader Joe’s.
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 oz of aged Gouda, or similar cheese, shaved
- 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 TBSP of shaved almonds. You can sub or add pine nuts as well.
- Put Kale in a really large bowl. Add olive oil and stir around until well coated on all Kale.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.
You can store this in the fridge in the bowl with saran wrap over it for 4 or 5 days and it’s still tasty.