This is one of my favorite combinations for a scramble. Plus, it’s a good way to use up and cubed ham or turkey sausage links sitting around in your fridge.
Most people think of eggs as breakfast-only, but I enjoy this dish for dinner as well.
- 4 free-range organic eggs
- 1 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- 1 TBSP grass-fed butter
- 1/2 tsp of pink sea salt
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- 17g of Asiago Cheese
- 17g of aged Gouda cheese (I really love the 1000-day aged gouda from Trader Joe’s)
- 2 small turkey sausage links, chopped into small pieces
- 2 oz cubed ham
- In a bowl, combine the eggs and cream. Scramble them with a fork until mixture is a nice solid bright yellow color.
- Place a skillet over medium-low to medium heat, add the butter
- Once butter is almost fully melted, add the eggs.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Let the eggs settle and after half a minute use a flat-head spatula to scrape the bottom and move the cooked eggs off to the side of the pan (away from direct heat). Tilt the pan to let liquid non-cooked eggs come into the center. Let settle 10 seconds. Scrape, tilt, repeat until eggs are almost cooked to your liking. Remove from heat.
- Add in cheese. Stir it in so it can start melting. Move eggs/cheese to side of pan and add the turkey and ham in middle of the pan. Put back on heat, let meat stay on heat for 30 seconds, then stir the entire mixture together, gently.
- Serve immediately.
This should make enough for 2, or enough for 1 really hungry person. This has the perfect amount of fat and protein to keep anyone on keto full for many hours.
Feel free to adjust the types of cheeses. I just personally enjoy this combination.