All of the taste of a thin mint in this easy-to-make keto-friendly drink:
- 3 cups of Unsweetened Almond Milk (unflavored or vanilla)
- 4 TBSP of heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp of Peppermint extract (peppermint, not MINT). Careful not to add too much! This is very strong.
- A few drops of liquid stevia, unflavored or not
- 4 TBSP of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1.5 TBSP of Pyure, Swerve, or other keto-friendly granulated sweetener
- 1/4 tsp of Xanthan Gum (optional)
- Put the cream in the mason jar (or other container) and use a Milk Frother to thicken it up. You can also use a hand mixer or other device if you don’t have a milk frother. You can also just skip this step as it doesn’t contribute too much to the consistency.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and stir together until completely combined
- Serve right away or chill in the fridge for up to a week
This will make 4 servings of ~7 fluid ounces each.
You can easily spike this drink with vodka to make it more adult 🙂
This recipe makes one large (32 oz) Mason jar worth of drink, but you can store it in any container. You could also just divide the recipe by 1/4 to make a single serving but be very careful with the Mint Extract and Xanthan Gum! Too much of that will ruin this drink.
This drink is not meant to be thick. However, you can make this thicker into more of a Thin Mint Shake by doing all of some of:
- Changing the ratio of almond milk to cream (more cream, less almond milk). However this makes it more calorie dense and may be a little too filling.
- Add in a couple of eggs (pasteurized if you are afraid of raw eggs) and blend it into the drink in a blender
- Blending in a scoop or two keto-friendly whey protein isolate
Do not add more xanthan gum to make it thicker. It will make the drink too airy and give it a weird texture.
If you are a fan of mint drinks, check out my Mint Chip Shake recipe here.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.