I’ve always liked my pizza crust thin, so when I stumbled upon this keto crust recipe I discovered I like it even more than Fathead crust!
Note: A lot of recipes on Keto call for Almond Meal or Almond Flour. This can be expensive in the store, but I buy this one on Amazon subscription to buy in bulk to save money.
- 1.5 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- A few pinches each of garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes, or more based on how much you like
- 3 TBSP Almond flour
- 2 TBSP grated Parmesan and/or Romano cheese
- 1 TBSP flax-meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 large free range egg
- Preheat oven to 450 F
- In a large microwavable bowl, combine mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese and seasonings. Microwave 1.5 minutes.
- In a small separate bowl, combine almond flour, flax-meal, Parmesan cheese and baking powder. Stir together until well combined.
- Crack an egg over the melted cheese bowl, then throw the mixed dry ingredients on top. Stir well until dough-like
- Put down a Sil-pat or a piece of parchment paper lined with cooking spray. Put the dough ball on top.
- Take another piece of parchment paper, spray the bottom with cooking spray, and place it on top. Then roll out the dough to either a rectangle or circle, trying to make it even
- Remove top parchment paper and transfer bottom Sil-pat or parchment to a cookie sheet. Poke many holes in the crust to prevent air bubbles.
- Bake crust for 7 minutes. Then take out, flip over (a pancake or omelet utensil works well), and bake another 3 minutes based on crispiness preference
Your crust should be done. Now pile on the toppings of choice!
In this image I used Rao’s pizza sauce (which has no added sugars!), mozzarella cheese, Italian seasoning, breakfast sausage, pepperoni, 4 pieces of cooked crumbled bacon, cheddar cheese and grated Parmesan cheese. Bake at 450 for 5 minutes just to warm your toppings and melt the cheese on top.
Love Pizza flavors? Check out my entire Pizza category here.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.