One of my favorite desserts to make growing up was Lemon bars that I made from a kids cook book. Here I’ve tried to recreate the lemon bars using Keto Ingredients! I thought they turned out quite delicious 🙂
Lemon Bar Crust:
- 2 1/2 cups of Almond flour/meal, preferably fine and blanched
- 1/3 cup of granular Swerve or other Keto-approved granular sweetener
- A pinch of Pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1 large egg
- 4 TBSP melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Optional: A few drops of vanilla stevia
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl (almond meal, granular sweetener, and salt). Be sure to get any chunks out. I like to use a flour sifter.
- In another smaller bowl, whisk together the egg, oil, vanilla, and optional stevia drops
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry bowl and stir together until well combined.
- Put some parchment paper into a 9×9 baking dish (or rather invest in a silicone dish which saves so much headache!). Press the dough into the dish evenly to form a crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes (it should start to be a little gold and firm) and remove.
- Immediately pour the filling from the next part below over the crust, and bake for another 16-18 minutes (the filling should turn soft but set).
- Cool and then cover and refrigerate for several hours before cutting and serving.
Tangy Lemon Filling:
- 4 TBSP of almond flour/meal, preferably fine and blanched
- 3/4 cup of Powdered keto-approved sweetener, such as Sukrin Melis
- 3/4 cup of lemon juice, ideally fresh squeezed (no seeds!)
- The zest of 1 lemon
- 4 large eggs
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl (almond meal and powdered sweetener)
- In another bowl whisk together the wet ingredients (lemon juice, eggs, and zest)
- Add the wet to the dry, and whisk together until well combined. Use in Step 7 from above.
Want easy Keto desserts? Consider subscribing to a monthly Keto subscription box. I will often get various keto cake or cookie mixes! It’s wonderful having easy keto options when you’re short on time or don’t have all the ingredients! Use coupon discount code KETOPLATES for 25% off!