This recipe does not require an ice cream maker. You simply freeze it in your freezer for a few hours.
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 8 TBSP powdered keto-friendly sweetener, such as swerve
- 1 TBSP of vanilla extract
- 4 TBSP of Vodka. You can use a flavored one as well but thoroughly google it first to make sure there are no added sugars.
- 20 TBSP / 1.25 cups / 300 ML of organic heavy whipping cream
- 10 Drops vanilla stevia
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks into 2 separate mixing bowls
- With an electric mixer, beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar until peaks start to form, then slowly add in the swerve and continue to beat until peaks are stiff
- Add the vanilla and vodka to the bowl with the egg yolks and stir or whisk until well combined
- In a 3rd large bowl, add the heavy whipping cream and beat with the electric mixer until it starts to form a consistency close to a cream. Add in the stevia and whip another minute. Do not over-whip or you’ll turn it into butter!
- Fold the egg white mixture into the whipped cream mixture. Then fold in the egg yolk mixture until everything looks well combined.
- Pour this into a freezer-friendly container, or several smaller containers, and freeze for at least 3 hours, or more if it’s still liquidy.
The vodka helps the swerve (aka erythritol) not harden so much. However, if you freeze this for a long time then you may still want to let the ice cream sit on the counter for 10 minutes before you serve it, as it will become creamier as it starts to melt a little.
If you are scared of raw eggs, buy pasteurized eggs. These are still raw but they have been slightly cooked to help kill bacteria. However, I personally find it harder to separate egg whites from yolks, or to form stiff peaks, with pasteurized eggs.
This should make 8 servings, each with 181 calories, 1.4g net carbs, 17.4g fat, and 3.1g protein