This is a keto/low carb version of Fettuccine Alfredo. This recipe is without chicken, but feel free to add chicken to it to make it a classic chicken Alfredo.
Start by prepping the spaghetti squash since that takes the most time. You will need 1 large spaghetti squash.
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- With a sharp knife, cut the spaghetti squash length wise
- Scrape out the seeds in the middle and discard
- Place the squash flesh side down in a 9×13 baking dish with 1/2 inch of water and a tsp of salt
- Bake for 45 minutes uncovered
- Remove from oven. Cool for 10 minutes. Then use a fork to extract “noodles” from the squash.
While the spaghetti squash is baking, prepare the Alfredo sauce.
To make the best Alfredo sauce ever, use the following recipe:
- 1/2 cup of salted kerrygold butter
- 1 pint of organic heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz of full fat cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a medium saucepan, stir in the butter, cream and cream cheese over medium heat. Whisk until melted fully.
- Add in minced garlic and all seasonings. Keep whisking until smooth.
- Add in grated Parmesan cheese. Stir in and then bring to a simmer.
- Cook 3-5 more minutes on simmer as it thickens.
To make the alfredo, simply add some of the alfredo sauce on top of the spaghetti squash and enjoy!