This bread replacement tastes identical to a fancy bread and will cure any bread craving.
The protein I used was Opportuniteas Grass-Fed Whey Protein Isolate. Another brand that works well is Isopure.
- 12 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup kerrygold butter
- 4 pasture-raised eggs
- 2 drops liquid stevia
- 1/4 cup organic heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 2/3 c unflavored isolate protein powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Prepare a bread pan (9″ x 5″) or silicone mold.
- Put cream cheese and butter in large microwave safe dish and microwave for 1 minute. Then use a hand mixer to combine well.
- Add eggs, sweetener, heavy cream, and olive oil and blend well.
- Blend all dry ingredients (protein, salt, baking soda, xanthan gum, baking powder, cream of tartar) in separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet mixture and stir well with spoon or spatula. Don’t use mixer or hand blender for this step to avoid over whipping.
- Pour into a greased pan or silicone mold and bake at 325 F for 45 minutes, or until golden brown. Once cool, wrap in plastic to store.
To eat, cut a slice or two and pan fry this in butter or coconut oil. Add salt to season. Tastes just like a fancy bread.
Use it to make sandwiches, grilled cheese, or garlic toast.
If you enjoyed this, also try Almond Butter keto low-carb primal bread! Tastes even better in my opinion, and even easier to make!
Want more bread substitutes for Keto and Low-carb lifestyle? Visit the bread substitutes category here. All recipes are low-carb, grain-free, wheat-free, gluten-free, and 100% Keto friendly.
Note: Recipe adatped from lowcarbyum.com
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.