It starts to get cold outside. You think about fires. With fires, you start to think about yummy s’mores. But stop. You cant have that. A marshmallow is pure sugar! But behold, a sufficient substitute awaits to stop this craving! Just be sure to make this ahead of time, as it requires a lot of fridge time.
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup granulated Pyure or other keto granulated sweetener of choice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 5 TBSP grass-fed butter (chilled)
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Line a 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper (leave an overhang)
- In a food processor (I love my Ninja set but there are cheaper options too), add all ingredients except the butter and pulse to combine. Then slowly add in a small chunk of the butter, and pulse, then repeat until all butter is added and the texture resembles large crumbs.
- Press this dough into the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- Bake 15 minutes or until the edges start to brown.
- Let cool while you prepare the chocolate layer next.
- 3/4 cup organic heavy whipping cream
- 2 oz of 90% Lindt chocolate bar
- 2 oz of Lily’s dark chocolate
- In a small pan, bring the cream to a simmer. Keep heat low.
- Add in chocolate and stir. Let sit for 5 minutes in the simmering cream and then whisk it into a sauce.
- Spread it over the cooled crust and refrigerate for at least an hour. Chocolate should be firm before adding marshmallow layer.
- 3 large egg whites* from pasture-raised eggs at room temperature
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Pinch of salt
- 3 TBSP granulated Pyure or other keto granulated sweetener of choice
- 3 TBSP of powdered keto sweeter (you can buy a powdered Swerve, or you can just make your own powder by putting granules into a coffee grinder or similar tool)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 F
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg whites with cream of tartar using a hand mixer until frothy
- As you mix, slowly add in sweeteners and vanilla
- Keep beating until stiff peaks form
- Spread over the cooled crust with chocolate layer
- Bake 20 minutes. If the top is not browning yet, but it under the broiler for a minute or so but watch it carefully. Or you can use a torch to make the top brown after you pull it out of the oven.
- I know you’re temped to eat this now, but return this to the fridge for at least an hour until everything looks firm.
- Remove parchment paper from pan and cut these into single-serving size squares. Eat within 5 days.
*Save the egg yolks and make Keto gnocchi!
If you like S’mores, then check out my Smores 2-Minute Microwave Cake!
Note: Original recipe from alldayidreamaboutfood.com but slightly adapted for my preferences
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.