This bread is quite easy and very delicious. You can mix up which seeds you put in it based on preference.
- 7 pasture-raised Eggs
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- 8 TBSP butter, melted
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5-6 TBSP of various seeds. I used 2 TBSP chia seeds, 2 TBSP caraway seeds, 1 TBSP poppy seeds, and 1 TBSP of the Roasted Pumpkin seeds that I got in my monthly Keto subscription box. You could also use sunflower seeds, flaxseeds, etc.
- 1 TBSP sesame seeds for the topping.
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl on high for 2 minutes.
- Beat in xanthan gum for a few seconds
- Add in melted butter and continue beating
- Add in coconut oil and continue beating
- Throw in the almond flour, baking power, salt, and seeds (except sesame) and beat on medium for about a minute or until a thick mixture forms
- Transfer mixture to either a greased loaf pan, or better yet, a silicone loaf pan. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top. You could also sprinkle on onion/garlic powder on top for additional topping flavor.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when poked in the center
I ate a slice right away and added kerrygold and garlic salt on top. Delicious!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.