I’ve always loved mushroom/sausage combination, so I came up with this dish.
- Brown 1/2 a pound of breakfast sausage in a skillet. Once browned, add in favorite herbs such as sage and thyme.
- Add 1/4 cup beef stock once browned and continue to cook for a minute
- Optional, add in 1/4 cup of dry white wine, such as pinot grigio. Boil then reduce heat and simmer a few minutes
- Add in 4 TBSP Cream cheese and stir. Let heat through a couple minutes while stirring occasionally
- While sausage sauce is heating through, put 4 large portobello mushroom caps in another skillet in some butter over medium heat. Flip about 6 times until cooked, adding more butter if it gets dry. Sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Assemble by spooning a fourth of the sausage mix into each portobello cap
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.