This is basically just a crust-less pizza!
- 2-3 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 20 or so pepperoni slices
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Pizza sauce (no sugar added such as Rao’s) on the side, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Spread the mozzarella cheese on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Try to make a rectangle.
- Bake for a few minutes, then remove and add pepperoni and Italian seasoning. Put back into the oven.
- Watch the cheese as it melts because all ovens are different. You want the cheese to crisp up, but not burn. Usually once the edges of the cheese turn brown, and the rest of the cheese is a dark golden color, it is done. This will occur in the 3rd stage of the cheese melting process (first it looks melty, then it bubbles up, and then finally it will crisp up). I took mine out after an additional 10 minutes in the oven. It looked like this:
- After a minute when it cooled, it didn’t seem crispy enough so I put it back into the oven for another 3 minutes.
They were pretty good but not quite crispy enough. Next time I’ll probably just cook them 13 or so minutes through (after the initial 3 minutes). There is a very fine line between crispy and burned which can be difficult to hit, and it depends on type of cheese, your oven, how much cheese you use, etc., so you need to watch it especially after the first 9 or 10 minute mark.
Once they come out of the oven just slice them with a pizza slicer into triangles.
Serve with marinara or pizza sauce for dipping.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.