Grab the fattiest ribeye possible, bone in or bone out doesn’t matter but bone in has more flavor, and try this recipe out! The cook times on this will get you a nice medium rare to rare steak if its 1.5 inches thick, so feel free to add/subtract time as necessary.
- ~1 pounds of Ribeye steak, based on what fits in your largest cast iron skillet
- Peppercorn grinder
- Kosher salt
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- 1 shallot, minced (should make ~2 TBSP)
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 1 TBSP freshly minced oregano
- 1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- 6 tsp butter
- Pink Himalayan sea salt and ground black pepper
- Let the meat stay out on the counter for 45 minutes to come to room temperature
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees and throw in the cast iron skillet while it preheats.
- Liberally coat both sides of the Ribeye with freshly ground peppercorns as well as Kosher salt (kosher salt sticks best to meat)
- At soon as the oven is preheated, place the preheated cast iron on an oven top over high heat, and throw in a TBSP of coconut oil
- Once the oil is melted, put the ribeye in the cast iron skillet for exactly 30 seconds, then flip it to sear for another 30 seconds.
- Throw the cast iron skillet into the oven for exactly 2 minutes
- Flip the steak and put it back into the oven for another 2 minutes
- Take the steak out and let it rest. Return the cast iron to the stove top oven medium low heat.
- Add the shallots and cook for 90 seconds
- Add the beef broth and sherry. Bring to a boil and simmer for 4 minutes
- Add in the Oregano and stir
- Remove from heat and add in the balsamic vinegar. Stir
- Add in the butter 1 teaspoon at a time and melt each tsp as you stir
- Season with Pink Himalayan sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Slice your steak and drench it in as much sauce as you want!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.