This is a dish I make every week. It’s simple yet delicious. Keto is easy when you keep most of your meals simple.
- 1-2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken thighs (you could leave on skin and bone though if you wanted)
- 1-2 tsp of Pink Salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1-2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- 1 TBSP grass-fed butter
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and melt the coconut oil in it
- While the skillet is heating, season the top of the chicken with half of the salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder
- Place the chicken in the heated skillet, seasoned side down
- While the chicken is searing, season the other side with the rest of the seasonings
- After about 2 minutes, flip the chicken and use tongs to open up the thighs if they are rolled up (most boneless ones come rolled up). Cook 2 minutes.
- At this point the pan may start to become dry, so add in the butter to the center of the pan and tilt pan to spread. This helps the seasonings not burn on the bottom of the pan.
- Flip the chickens over a few more times for a minute or so per side, and rotate each to the hottest part of the pan if necessary so that all have a nice sear on the outside. If any burning starts to occur, turn down heat to medium.
- Use tongs to poke a few places to make sure chicken is cooked through. It usually takes me 12 minutes to cook them all, but this all depends on how much meat you had in the pan, how crowded the pan is, how hot your skillet gets, etc.
- Let them rest a few minutes before eating.
These store well in the fridge. You can use the reheat setting on the microwave and they still taste good for leftover.