Apples are not Keto, but zucchini is. You can surprising substitute out apples for zucchini in this recipe, and you can’t even taste the difference!
- 2-3 Medium to large zucchinis, peeled and chopped into small pieces similar to small applie slices. Use enough zucchinis to cover a 9×9″ baking dish and fill it up by half.
- 2 TBSP of apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup of Pyure or other Keto-approved sweetener
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Prep zucchini to remove the water and moisture. Place the pieces into a large colander. Sprinkle kosher salt (this kind of salt sticks best due to its shape but really any salt will do), stir, and let it sit there for 20 or more minutes while it drains into the colander. Stir around and let it continue to drain if you can get more water out. When it’s done draining, rinse the zucchini with cold water to remove the salt, and then pat dry with paper towels or cloth.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Spray a 9×9″ baking dish with coconut oil spray or other cooking spray
- Combined all of the above ingredients above in a large bowl. Stir well.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish. Set aside and make the topping:
- 1/2 cup of chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup of Almond flour
- 1/4 cup of coconut flour
- 4 TBSP of Pyure or other Keto-friendly sugar-replacement
- 2 TBSP of a Keto-approved brown-sugar replacement such as Sukrin Gold
- 5 TBSP of butter, cut into 8-10 small pieces
- Combine the pecans, flours, and sweetener in a bowl.
- Put one piece of butter in a bowl and stir it in with a fork, pressing the butter into the side of the bowl until it forms crumbles.
- Repeat for the remaining butter. You should end up with a crumble – All of the mixture should be crumbly looking. If not, add a little more butter.
- Pour the crumbles on top of the zucchini mixture.
- Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes. The zucchini should be soft.
- Enjoy warm with a spoonful of Vanilla Keto ice cream on top (optional)
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.