My first attempt at a lemon-type pie. Doesn’t even taste like it’s sugar/flour free.
I took the recipe from IbreatheImhungry.com and adapted it to my liking, and added a layer.
Bottom Layer –
- Spray a round pie tin with coconut oil spray
- Melt 3 TBSP kerrygold butter in a saucepan over low heat
- Stir in 1 Cup of Almond flour, 1/4 cup of granulated erythritol, and 1 tsp of lemon extract
- Stir and remove from heat once full combined
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the oiled pie tin
- Bake at 350 F for 12 minutes, or until edges are just browning and the whole thing is golden brown
- Put in fridge to cool
Middle Layer –
- Combine 8 TBSP of softened Kerrygold butter with 2 eggs, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, and 1 tsp lemon extract. Mix well with electric mixer.
- In another bowl, combine 3/4 cup almond flour, 3/4 cup of erythritol, and a pich of salt
- Add wet to dry and mix with an electric mixer
- Spray a pie tin with a good amount of coconut oil spray
- Pour mixture into pan, and bake at 325 F for 15-20 minutes until set.
- Let cool then put into the fridge
Top Lemon Layer –
- Melt 8 TBSP of kerrygold butter in a saucepan over low heat
- Remove from heat. Whisk in 1/2 cup erytrhitol, 1/2 cup of lemon juice, and 2 tsp of lemon extract
- Whisk in 6 egg yolks, then return to low heat
- Whisk continuously over low heat until it starts to thicken.
- From from heat and strain over a bowl, then chill in the fridge
- In another large bowl, use an electric mixer to whip up 1.5 cups of heavy whipping cream, 1/4 tsp xanthan gum, and 1 TBSP erythritol. Whip until large peaks form.
- Fold a third of the whipped cream mixture into the chilled lemon curd mixture. Then add in the remaining whipped cream and stir gently together until well combined but still fluffy.
- Take a spatula and spread about 10% of the lemon fluff mixture on top of the bottom layer
- Remove the middle layer from it’s tin, carefully, and put on top of the lemon fluffed bottom layer
- Add the remaining lemon fluff to the top of the middle layer
- Garnish with lemon zest, whipped cream, and thinly sliced lemon pieces as desired.
To save time, you could also just double the bottom layer recipe and omit the middle layer.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.