All the flavor of lasagna stuffed into a chicken breast.
- 1 pound or so of boneless skinless chicken breasts, ~3 breasts
- 1 cup of full fat ricotta cheese
- 1 pasture-raised egg
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup or so of Rao’s marinara sauce (this brand has no sugar added, and no gross soybean oil!)
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Mix Ricotta, egg, Parmesan, garlic powder, and 1/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese until well combined. Set aside.
- Butterfly each chicken breast so they can be stuffed. Sprinkle on salt, ideally kosher (it sticks best)
- Spoon 1/4 of the ricotta mixture into the first chicken breast. Then add a tablespoon of Rao’s sauce on top of ricotta. Then sprinkle on 1/4 of the remaining mozzarella. Sprinkle on salt, pepper, and italian seasoning. Repeat for the other 2 breasts.
- In a 9×9 baking dish, put the three breasts into the pan so they are each touching and holding the previous one together, similar to tacos on their side.
- Add a few more tablespoons of marinara sauce on top. Add the remaining Ricotta on top followed by the remaining mozzarella. Sprinkle on more salt, pepper, and italian seasoning
- Bake for 35 minutes
If I were to make it again, I would cut the breasts in half and then pound them thin, then stuff each thin piece.