When people think “Keto” they might think bacon, butter, and steak. While that’s all true, Keto is also about eating fresh, non-processed ingredients. Salads are more flavorful and satiating on keto because you can load them up with lots of high-fat ingredients! Boring flavorless salads are out.
One of my favorite salads is:
- Spring mix greens
- Sliced Cucumber with salt/pepper
- Half an avocado with Pink Salt
- 6 Cherry tomatoes, halved, with salt and pepper
- 1 oz of crumbled goat cheese
- 1 hard boiled egg, cut in slices, with salt and pepper
- 1 TBSP bacon bits or bacon pieces
You can mash up the avocado and not even use a dressing. Or you can simply add a tsp of balsamic vinegar (no more than that because there can be sugars in balsamic vinegar) and a tsp of cold-pressed avocado or olive oil.
Here are some other keto friendly ingredients for salads:
- Blue cheese crumbled
- Shredded cheeses such as cheddar or mozarella
- Turkey or Ham pieces
- Shredded chicken
- Sliced almonds
- Ground flax seeds
- Chia seeds
- A few blueberries or one sliced strawberry
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.