Keto Grocery List
New to keto? Here are some staples you’ll want to get when starting Keto. You don’t need all of these, but most of these are always in my kitchen.
- Ground Beef
- Deli Meats (check for added sugar)
- Seafood (clams, shrimp, oysters, mussels, crab, lobster, fish, scallops). Avoid fake crab! It’s all carbs.
- Coconut oil, ideally organic, and unrefined and cold-pressed
- Butter, ideally grass-fed
- Lard and/or Tallow
- Extra Virgin olive oil
- Cream cheese
- Heavy whipping cream
- Sour Cream
- Parmesan Cheese
- Leafy greens (spinach, swiss chard, romaine lettuce, butter lettuce, kale, collard greens, etc)
- Green Beans
- Squash (Yellow, Spaghetti, Acorn)
- Almond flour
- Flax Meal
- Coconut Flour
- Baking powder
- Keto-friendly sweetener
- Vanilla extract
- 100% cocoa powder
- Xanthan Gum
- Unflavored Protein Powder
- Sugar-free chocolate chips, such as Lily’s
Spices, Etc – Avoid premade seasoning mixes! They are full of sugar and other junk, not to mention ridiculously over-priced for what they are.
- Stevia drops
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- Black pepper
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Cayenne pepper
- Cream of tartar
- Herbs, dried or fresh, such as thyme, oregano, parsley, tarragon, sage, rosemary, & chives
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Hot Sauce
- Mayo (no sugar added, such as Duke’s)
- Marinara Sauce – One with no soybean oil or added sugar, such as Rao’s.
- Alfredo Sauce – One with no soybean oil, such as Gia Russa.
- Pickles (unsweetened)
- 90% Dark chocolate
- Pork rinds
- Almond butter (no sugar added)
- Almonds and/or other nuts such as walnuts, pecans, brazil nuts (note: peanuts are not keto)
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Cooking Spray
- Something that can satisfy the sweet craving, such as a Keto Kookie
Fruits – I do not recommend these the first few weeks while you adapt to Keto, as even the small sugars in keto-approved fruits can trigger cravings
- All other fruits are not keto-friendly
Feel free to browse my recipes to see some ideas of what you will cook this week, and plan ahead.
Looking for quick snacks? I also highly recommend subscribing to an awesome monthly keto subscription box, such as Keto Krate. You can even use my coupon code KETOPLATES to get 25% off. Sometimes this code even gives BOGO.
Grab your discount to KetoKrate monthly subscription keto snack box with coupon discount code KETOPLATES