Are Folios Keto? Yes of course they are! They are essentially just baked then cooled cheese.
These make great wraps or tacos.
You can usually find these in the deli area of your grocery store, near the meats and cheeses. Locations are listed here. They are not currently on Amazon.
I like folios because they are an easy meal with little to no prep work. However, they are a little pricey at over $1.25 per single wrap, sometimes more. You can easily bake cheese on parchment paper and let it cool to make your own folio-like vessel.
Alternatively, you can make a quick folio in your saute pan.
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat
- Once heated, add a few slices of any cheese (Cheddar, Provolone, Parmesan, Asiago, etc)
- Add optional seasonings for flavor, such as Italian seasoning or anything else
- Wait for the cheese to bubble and then once fully melted (about 1 minute or so), pour it on to a piece of parchment paper. You can use a wooden spatula to move the cheese around to shape it into a circle or whatever shape you want.
- Let cool and use as a Folio. Can also store on parchment paper in the fridge for later use.
Here are a few ideas you can do with Folios:
- Salad wrap: Lettuce, avocado, dressing, cucumber, salt and pepper
- Deli meat wrap: Deli turkey, ham, mayo, cheese
- Get unique: Avocado and poached eggs with sriracha. It might be a little messy but it’s worth it!
- Leftover holiday Turkey: Turkey chunks, lettuce, avocado, salt, pepper, mayo
- Taco wrap: Taco meat, taco sauce, sour cream