These are super easy to make, and a definite crowd pleaser!
- 8 TBSP (1 stick) of butter, melted
- 2 cups of freshly grated cheddar cheese
- 3 cups of almond flour (or 2.5 cups almond flour and 1/2 cup of ground flax seeds)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp of Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- 8 eggs, ideally free-range
- Mix together the almond flour, baking powder, garlic powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir in the melted butter and cheddar cheese
- Whisk 8 eggs, and stir it into the bowl with the rest of the ingredients
- Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick oil
- Using a 1.5 TBSP cookie dough scooper (or spoon if you don’t have one), spoon the dough onto the cookie sheet
- Bake at 400 F for 14 minutes. Check with a toothpick to ensure mixture is no longer wet, and if not try increments of another minute or so until a toothpick comes out clean. If the edges are looking crispy, they should be done.
I also tried spooning them into a standard size muffin pan instead of putting them on a cookie sheet. This method worked okay, but I felt the inside was too soft, and to eat them I had to cut them in half and broil them with the insides up (but with added butter and garlic salt, were quite delicious!)
Store these in the fridge for up to a week. To reheat, I personally like broiling and melting butter and garlic salt on top! Tastes like garlic bread.
This recipe made 30 biscuits (and I used 2 cookie sheets to fit them all). Each is around 135 calories, 2.7g total carbs (but 1.5g net), 11.7g fat, and 5.4g protein.