The rich ooey gooeyness of melted cheese, sandwiched between 2 fried eggs instead of bread, for a super vitamin-rich and fully keto meal.
An egg contains every single necessary for the human body vitamin except Vitamin C. The white portion of the egg is protein, and all the vitamins and good fat (good saturated fat, yes) are contained within the yolk. Eat eggs daily!
You’ll need to eat this with a fork. 🙂
- 2 pasture-raised eggs
- 2 slices of cheese of your choice. I like the Cracker barrel white cheddar slices.
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Pink sea salt
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. If your pan is old, use a little grass-fed butter.
- Crack 2 eggs into the pan, on separate sides
- Season the top of the eggs while the bottom cooks with the garlic and onion powder, and salt and pepper
- Once all clear liquid has turned to white, flip the eggs over (careful not to break the yolk, unless that’s your preference)
- Season this side and then quickly add a piece of cheese on top of each fried egg while it’s still hot. Let sit in the pan for a minute. Turn down heat if necessary. Cover for a minute to try to speed melting process if needed.
- Once cheese is melted, flip one egg onto the other to sandwich the cheese between the 2 eggs, and move creation to a plate. Sprinkle with a dried herb (optional) such as chives. Enjoy.
Not digging using eggs as the “bread” component here? Then visit the bread substitutes category here. All recipes are low-carb, grain-free, wheat-free, gluten-free, and 100% Keto friendly.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.