Grilled cheese does not have to be a thing of the past on Keto! It’s easy to use cauliflower toast to fry one of these up in no time.
I have 2 different cauliflower toasts that I like:
1. Outer Aisle Gourmet Cauliflower Sandwich Thins. I’ve found these at Lucky’s, or you can get them on Amazon here.
2. Cali’flour brands Cauliflower Flatbreads, which you can get straight from their site here. (Use discount coupon code ketoplates to get a huge discount!)
Be careful about buying cauliflower products. Many of them still use wheat-based products or high-carb high-starch ingredients. They are just “made with” cauliflower so they put that on the package to fool you. Always check the ingredients on the back! No serving should ever have more than 3-4 net carbs (Carbs minus Fiber).
In addition to your cauliflour toast (thawed if previously frozen), you will need:
- 1-2 TBSP Grassfed butter
- Garlic Salt
- 1-3 slices of cheese of your choice, based on preference. I like to use 1 cheddar and 1 swiss.
- Optional: Mayo or Mayo-based sauce (I’ll take a TBSP of Mayo, mix in 1 tsp mustard, and 1/4 tsp of dried dill weed and it makes a great sauce)
- Heat a saute pan over medium-high heat
- Melt the butter in the pan
- Put the cauliflower toast so that the inside of the toast is facing down in the pan
- Let the toast get crispy. This takes about 90-120 seconds. Once you see a char, add some garlic salt to the top of the toast (the insides) and flip over.
- Add more butter to the pan
- Add garlic salt to the outsides of the toast
- Add cheese slices so they start melting
- Let set in the heat for 2 or so minutes until all cheese is melted
- Move to a plate. Optionally add the Mayo or sauce inside before you put it together, then assemble together and enjoy!
Other optional fun ingredients: Bacon, Tomato
You can also simply do Grilled cheese on any Keto-approved bread recipe. Check out my bread substitutes category here. I have several loaf bread recipes in there that you can then turn into grilled cheese.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.