What is any sort of lifestyle without some gnocchi? Anything really can be keto-fied if you search long enough! You’ll barely notice the difference.
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 egg yolks
- Grass-fed butter and olive oil
- In a microwave-safe dish, combine mozzarella and garlic powder. Microwave for 60-90 seconds.
- Slowly fold in each egg yolk, one at a time. With some work this will form a dough.
- Divide the dough into 4 sections and roll each into a ball. Chill in fridge for at least 10 minutes.
- Roll each ball into a thin 14″ log on a Silpat or a greased piece of parchment paper
- Put a large pot of salted water on the stove and bring to a boil while you do the next step
- Slice each log into 1/2 inch pieces. You can use a fork to press little ridges into it to look like gnocchi but it’s unnecessary
- Dump into boiling water. Boil for 2-3 minutes. Remove once they start floating, just like real gnocchi. Strain in colander.
- Heat butter/oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add gnocchi and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, until they slightly brown.
- Add your chosen sauce (ideally home-made such as the one I use in this recipe). Stir around for a minute, and serve!
Note: This gnocchi recipe is taken from The Primitive Palate’s site and then slightly adapted. After sauteing the gnocchi, I added it to a pan with homemade Alfredo sauce, but the gnocchi can be enjoyed with any sauce including a garlic herb butter, a tomato sauce, or a cream sherry sauce.
A yummy sauce is also simply melted butter with garlic salt, such as this plate.