This recipe makes enough for a whole gallon batch of cocktail for a party, and is perfect for those looking for a champagne-based coctail without all that loaded sugar that most cocktails have.
- 3 Cups fresh cranberries, rinsed + 1 cup cranberries for garnish
- 6 Cups of fresh cold water
- 1/2 cup of powdered keto-approved sweetener, such as sukrin melis (sukrin icing).
- 2 Liters of Soda Water
- 2 regular wine bottles (or 1 large one) of Pinot Grigio
- 2 Limes, rinsed, cut into slices, skin still on
- 1 Lemon, rinsed, cut into slices, skin still on
- 1 Small Orange, rinsed, cut into slices, skin still on
- 2 bottles of dry or brut champagne / sparking wine
- Place the water and 3 cups of cranberries into a large pan over medium heat. Boil and let cook until all berries have cracked open.
- Pour into a fine strainer into a large bowl. Mush the berries into the strainer to release more liquid into the bowl.
- Add the sweetener and stir. Let cool, then refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- In a large punch bowl or in a drink serving container, carefully pour the soda water in, then add the wine, lastly, add the chilled cranberry juice
- Add the lime, lemon and orange.
- Keep the champagne on the side. To serve, fill a champagne flute 2/3 with cranberry wine, and top the rest of the flute with champagne.
- Garnish with fresh cranberries on a fun toothpick. Enjoy!
I took this to a party with over 40 guests. Most of them drank this and I still had leftovers.
If you’re looking for a single serving, then just make some cranberry juice ahead of time, and as you want a glass, just pour a champagne flute with 1/4 cranberry juice, 1/4 soda water, 1/4 pinot grigio, and topped with champagne. You won’t get the fruit but that’s okay. If you want it tangier add a few drops of lemon and/or lime juice.
What to do with the leftover cranberries? Make cranberry sauce!