I have discovered the easiest way to cook my frozen butterball turkeys! Just use a Pressure Cooker or Instant Pot!
This is for the 3 pound netted turkeys from Butterball but I’m sure it will work with other turkeys but the cook time will depend on the pounds.
- A 3 pound butterball turkey
- Paprika (optional)
- Herbs/other seasonings of choice (optional)
- Avocado oil spray, or other preferred oil
- 1 cup of water
- Salt and other preferred seasonings after slicing
- Optional: Thaw the turkey in the fridge for 24 hours before cooking (makes it easier to open and move netting)
- Cut open the butterball turkey packaging without cutting the netting. Discard the gravy packet (it’s not keto). Move the netting around so it’s not stuck too deep into any one part of the turkey.
- Spray oil over the turkey and then massage in paprika and any herbs you chose. If you are looking for awesome keto-friendly seasoning mixes, check out select seasonings here!
- Put a cup of water at the bottom of the pressure cooker. If you have a small rack, also add it.
- Place the turkey on the rack, close the lid, and pressure cook on high for 45 minutes.
- Let it naturally release pressure for 10 minutes, then release the remaining pressure.
- Move turkey to a chopping block. Cut off netting. Rest for 5 minutes then cut to desired pieces (it will be tender and easy to cut!), and if you’d like then season with salt and any other seasoning you prefer.
I personally love my turkey after it’s been cut up and stored in the fridge for at least 12 hours. Something about cold leftover turkey hits a sweet spot for me!
Try leftover turkey on a chaffle sandwich!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.