This is a pot-luck favorite and pretty easy to make.
- 3 15oz bags of frozen spinach
- 2 TBSP butter
- 6-8 cloves of garlic, chopped (or more if you like it really garlicy)
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 TBSP of Italian Seasoning
- 3 ounces of shaved parmesan cheese, separated into 2 and 1 ounces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- I like to start by microwaving the first bag of frozen spinach, following the directions on bag. This can take awhile so I like to get the first bag started and then start my sauce. Continue to microwave each bag of spinach throughout the sauce making-process so they will be ready by step 5. You should also drain the spinach before adding in step 6 or else the casserole will get watery.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat, and once melted and warm, add the chopped garlic. Stir around until fragrant.
- Plop the entire block of cream cheese into the pan, and stir around until it starts to melt. Then reduce heat to medium-low and add the cream and Italian seasoning. Stir frequently.
- Once the sauce is homogeneous, add in 2 ounces of the parmesan cheese, reduce heat to low, and stir until melted and homogeneous again. At this point, taste your sauce, and if you want it thicker and cheesier, add more parmesan until you get the consistency that you want.
- Add the microwaved and drained spinach to the pan. Stir into the sauce. Add in salt and pepper, taste, and adjust.
- Transfer mixture to a 9×13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining ounce of shaved parmesan cheese, as well as the shredded cheddar.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes to heat through and melt the cheese. If you like crispy cheese on top feel free to broil for 2-3 minutes at the end on high until desired texture on top.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.