You will need:
- 1 large zucchini, shredded (I just use a cheese shredder). You need enough to make 1 cup worth. Patted dry with paper towels.
Dry ingredients to be combined in 1 bowl:
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of xanthan gum
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
Wet/sweetener ingredients to be combined in another bowl:
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup of butter, softened (soft enough to beat)
- 3 TBSP of melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of granular swerve or other keto-approved granular sweetener
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- In one bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients (not the sweetener) until no chunks are in the mixture
- In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer (or vigorously use a whisk) to combine all the wet ingredients + the sweetener
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients bowl and beat them together
- Fold in the shredded dried zucchini
- Pour into a silicone bread pan (or a greased metal/glass bread pan, but silicone is best)
- Bake for 45 minutes. Test with a toothpick by poking it into the middle of the bread. If it’s gooey add another 5 minutes to baking until the toothpick comes out dry (should generally not take more than an hour). The middle of the bread might still be jiggly but as long as the tooth pick is dry, it’s fine to come out.
- Let cool all the way to harden, then serve!
12 slices will each give you around 2g net carbs
- Omit the cocoa powder and reduce the sweetener by 1/8 a cup for non-chocolate zucchini bread
- Add half a cup or so of chopped walnuts or pecans for more texture
- Omit chocolate/sweetener completely for non-sweet zucchini bread
- Serve with cream cheese
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.