For those days when you’re all out of meat in your fridge, try this quick protein and fat packed meal replacement. Generally I believe that eating non-liquefied real food is best, but sometimes that’s not always realistic.
- 1 TBSP or so of grass-fed pure whey protein isolate
- 1 Cup unsweetened almond milk (vanilla or unflavored)
- 2 TBSP organic heavy whipping cream, or more if you want it more filling
- 1 free-range organic egg
- 2 TBSP 100% unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 TBSP of pyure or other keto sweetener like swerve
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of ice
- Optional: 1-2 tsp ground flax seeds (do not ever eat whole flax seeds; they must be ground to get any nutrition out of them)
- Optional: 1/2 an avocado
Blend together in an awesome blender, such as Ninja. Sprinkle a little cocoa on top (optional).
You can also sub heavy cream for coconut cream (to make it paleo), or add both of them. Adjust to your hunger level. Try to keep the fat content higher than the protein content to keep it keto.
If you’re scared of the raw egg, leave it out. I find organic free-range eggs generally safe to eat raw. Been eating raw eggs for 2 decades and I’m not dead yet. There are so many wonderful nutrients in eggs and to me it adds a distinct delicious flavor to the shake. You can also just pasteurize the egg first (google that for details), or buy pasteurized eggs.