These are very delicious, especially the cake portion when it’s warm and fresh out of the oven!
- 8 Squares of 90% dark chocolate Lindt
- 3/4 bar of Lily’s Dark Chocolate (or other sugar-free chocolate bar)
- 3 TBSP grass-fed butter
- 5 free-range eggs
- 1/4 cup of keto-approved granular sugar-replacement, such as Pyure
- 3/4 cup of keto-approved powdered sugar-replacement, such as Sukrin Milis
- 3 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Melt the butter and Lindt and Lily’s over very low heat, stirring often so the chocolate does not burn, and scraping the sides of the sauce pan with a spatula often. Remove from heat once everything is melted together.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prep a 12-muffin tin with muffin liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, use an electronic mixer to beat the eggs. After 2 minutes, slowly start adding in the sugar-replacement as you continue to mix, and then the cocoa powder. Once fully mixed add in vanilla extract and continue to mix another 30 seconds.
- Stir in the chocolate sauce with a spatula spoon a little bit at a time until it’s a homogeneous mixture.
- Scoop the mixture evenly into the 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Use a toothpick and poke the middle of a cupcake to see if it comes out clean. If it does not, bake it another couple of minutes. Once done, let cool. Do not frost hot cupcakes, as the frosting will just melt off.
- 8 oz of Mascarpone cheese
- 3 TBSP of Cream cheese (full fat)
- 1 cup powdered keto-sweetener, such as Sukrin Milis
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 8 drops of Vanilla sweet drops
- 2 TBSP of softened salted butter
- In a mixing bowl, beat the mascarpone and cream cheese together with a hand-mixer on high until soft and well-combined
- Slowly add in the powdered sweetener and continue to mix
- Add in the vanilla extract and sweet drops and continue to mix
- Add in the butter and continue to mix, on high setting, for about a minute so that mixture will be smooth.
Once cupcakes are cooled down a little bit, spread the icing on top and enjoy!