I was struggling with a name for this, because really it’s so unique. It reminds me of Chinese food, kinda like a Lo Mein.
This is a nice dish if you want to get rid of leftover chicken thighs.
- 1 pack of 0-carb Miracle Noodles (I used the fettuccine one)
- 5 Cloves of Garlic, chopped
- 2 TBSP of Avocado oil, and another 1/2 TBSP for the garlic
- 2 TBSP Soy Sauce (or liquid aminos for those doing extra strict Keto)
- 2 TBSP of Rice Vinegar (be sure you get the one without added sugar. It should be 0-10 calories per serving).
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 5 drops liquid stevia
- 8 ounces of chicken thigh, ideally already cooked (pan fried is fine) and cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 tsp butter
- 1 Egg
- Half an avocado (about 60 grams), cut into small squares, and salted
- 1-2 tsp of sesame seeds
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Spread the chopped garlic in a small baking sheet, pour 1/2 TBSP of avocado oil on top, sprinkle with some salt, mix it all together, and spread into a single layer. Set aside until oven is preheated.
- Rinse the miracle noodles, for several minutes. While doing do preheat a small skillet over low heat to dry the noodles in. Once rinsed, move the noodles to the dry pan, and stir around every minute or so.
- Put the garlic in the oven, and roast for 10 minutes while you do the next steps. Check on it every few minutes. You want it roasted and brownish but not black or burnt.
- Make the sauce: Combine the remaining 2 TBSP avocado oil, the soy sauce, rice vinegar, seasonings, and 5 drops of stevia. Mix well, taste, and adjust based on sauce preference. For example, if you like it tangier, add more vinegar. If you like it spicier, add more chili powder. Whisk together. Set aside.
- Add a second, medium sized skillet over medium-high heat. Melt the butter. Once hot crack the egg over the butter, and break the yolk. Fry for a minute until the middle area of the egg turns from clear to white, and flip. Add in the chopped precooked chicken around the egg. Add salt and pepper. Use a spatula to break the egg into small pieces. Stir together.
- Pour the sauce over the first skillet with the noodles in it. Toss the noodles in it.
- Transfer the noodles to 2 plates (or one plate and one leftover container, or one large plate if you’re eating both servings)
- Remove the garlic from the oven. Spread over top the noodles.
- Pour the chicken/egg mixture on top of the noodles and garlic
- Add the avocado pieces to the hot chicken pan and warm for just a minute, then pour on top of noodles
- Sprinkle plate with sesame seeds. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
This makes 2 servings with each roughly:
- 415 calories
- 7.5 carbs (5g net carbs)
- 32 fat
- 28 protein
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.