After enjoying my scallops in a lemon butter broth, this time I wanted something a little more creamy and thick, so I put together this concoction.
- 8 oz of bay scallops (thawed if previously frozen), rinsed and drained
- 6 TBSP of heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 TBSP shredded Italian cheese mix (Romano, Parmesan, Asiago)
- 1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch of garlic powder
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1 pinch of paprika
- Pink Salt and black pepper
- Dried chives (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a small sauce pan, heat the cream over low heat until hot, but do not boil
- Slowly add in the cheeses, a little bit at the time, and stir with a spatula constantly
- Once cheeses are all melted, add in the Worcestershire, garlic powder, nutmeg and paprika. Stir.
- Divide the scallops into 2 small ramekins (or 1 small baking dish). Sprinkle on salt and pepper.
- Pour half the cheese sauce on top of each ramekin of scallops.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle on dried chives and enjoy warm.
This makes enough for 2 servings, or one larger serving. Recipe can be doubled for larger servings but just make sure the scallops are opaque.