I found this recipe on lilluna.com and have been making it every few weeks now because it’s so easy and delicious! Any time chicken breasts are on sale, grab them and make this recipe.
I usually prefer darker chicken meat, but this recipe has so much fat added to it that the chicken is still moist and delicious, even for dry sad chicken breast.
My slightly adapted recipe:
- 1 to 2 pounds of chicken breasts, halved into cutlets (I prefer thinner bites of chicken to maximize the fat flavor)
- 1 piece of swiss cheese per cutlet. I like the kerrygold swiss cheese.
- 1/2 cup of Mayo. Use Duke’s because it has no added sugar, or even better make your own to avoid highly inflammatory and processed soybean oil which is found in almost all Mayo’s (amongst many other things)
- 1/2 cup of sour cream. I prefer Daisy’s.
- 3/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- A few grinds of pink Himalayan sea salt
- A few grinds of black pepper
- A few pinches of kosher salt
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with coconut oil spray, or other baking spray
- Place the chicken cutlets in the dish
- Sprinkle with kosher salt (or other salt; kosher just sticks best to raw meat)
- Put a piece of swiss cheese on top of each chicken cutlet.
- In a bowl, combine mayo, sour cream, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, pink salt and pepper. Spoon over each chicken cutlet.
- Sprinkle on another 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle on paprika.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until juices run clear and cheese is bubbly on top. Add more time for larger chicken breasts.