This is probably my favorite breakfast casserole recipe to date. It was REALLY good and kept me full for hours!
- 1 pack of Bacon (I use Coleman’s uncured)
- 2/3 cup of frozen chopped onions
- 8 oz of cream cheese
- 8 Eggs
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp Pink Salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Chop bacon into bite sized pieces, and cook in a large skillet until crispy, then set aside
- Throw the onions in the hot bacon fat in the skillet, and cook over medium-high heat until browned.
- Add back the bacon to the pan, then add the cream cheese, and stir over low heat until well combined. Move to a 9×9″ baking dish.
- Crack all the eggs into a large bowl and scramble with a fork. Add in mozzarella cheese, then add in the seasonings. Stir until well-combined.
- Pour the egg mixture on top of the bacon mixture in the pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes. The center should barely jiggle. If still really jiggly, keep it in a few more minutes.
- Remove and sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top. (Optional: sprinkle paprika on top). Bake another 10 minutes to melt the cheese on top.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.