The combination of Bacon, egg, and cheese is delicious and filling. You’ll find it all over my site, with different recipes and combinations.
This is one of my favorites because it’s quick, and amped up by using an easy microwave cheese sauce.
You will need:
- 2 pieces of bacon
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Slices of cheese of choice
- 2 tsp heavy cream
- Salt, pepper, any of seasonings you like on your eggs.
- Optional: Chopped Chives (dried or fresh)
- Pan fry the bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat. Set bacon aside.
- Fry the eggs in the bacon fat to preference (I like over-easy. This is where you flip the egg as soon as the very outer layer is white but the middle layer is still transparent. Over-medium is flipped when middle layer is white, and over-hard is flipped when the yolk is hardened from the top view). Add salt, pepper, and other seasonings to eggs.
- While the eggs are cooking, tear the cheese into small pieces and put in a small bowl with the cream. Microwave 20 seconds. Stir. Microwave 10 more seconds. Stir. Repeat in 10 second intervals until completely melted.
- Assemble Bacon and eggs, and pour cheese sauce over it.
- Optional: Sprinkle chives on top