This sandwich uses Poached Egg Rounds as the sandwich top and bottom instead of a muffin or any other type of bread.
- 2 Eggs
- Cheese of choice, shredded or sliced (enough to put over both eggs)
- 2-3 slices of bacon, cut in half
- 1/2 or so of an avocado
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt, Black pepper, Lemon Pepper, onion powder
- Prep the bacon: Cut in half and bake or fry until done. Set Aside.
- Prep the avocado spread: Mash the avocado in a bowl with a pinch of onion powder, salt and lemon pepper. If you don’t have lemon pepper you can use a few drops of lemon juice and normal pepper. Then set aside.
- Heat a medium skillet (large enough so you have room to put 2 egg rings flat inside) over medium-low heat. Place 2 egg rings in the middle, then spray the rings and pan with coconut oil spray.
- Once the pan is warm, crack an egg into each ring, then use a fork to break the yolk and mix around for a second or two. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper in each egg ring.
- Add a few ounces of water around then pan, then cover and “steam”/poach for 2 1/2 minutes. Your eggs should be mostly cooked. You don’t want them jiggling but you also don’t want them overcooked.
- Remove the lid, then add cheese on top of each egg inside the ring. Cover for 30 more seconds.
- Remove the egg rings/eggs with a flat spatula then place them on a plate. Remove the rings and you should have 2 nice egg-rounds to use as the sandwich top and bottom
- Spread the avocado onto one of the tops, add the bacon, and put the other egg round on top. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.