I was looking around for a different keto bread recipe since I’ve already tried soul bread so many times, and I stumbled upon this one. I love the almond-butter based “90 second breads” so I thought I’d give this one a try.
- 4 Free-range eggs
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond butter (I use Barney’s bare smooth and use Amazon subscription to save 15%)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- Put eggs into a large bowl and beat until mixed
- Add almond butter. If your almond butter is tough you may want to microwave it 10 seconds, as it makes it easier to whisk in.
- Whisk eggs and almond butter together until well combined. If this is tough, use a hand mixer.
- Add baking soda and salt. Whisk again until stirred well.
- Add to a parchment lined bread loaf pan (~ 10x5x2.5 “), or a silicone bread loaf pan (this makes baking a lot easier)
- Bake 30 minutes. Test with a toothpick in a few places to make sure it comes out clean. If not, throw it in for a few more minutes.
When this first cooled for a short bit after coming out of the oven, I tried a piece or two and it held up nicely when I put butter and garlic salt on it.
I then broiled a piece in the oven to toast it, and it also turned out nicely. Added some butter and garlic salt and tasted just like garlic toast:
After it sat in the fridge all night the consistency changed to resemble bread even more! This is so delicious. I made a turkey sandwich out of it. The bread is soft and fluffy just like bread. My husband was surprised it was low carb.
Storage: I find it best to store this in the fridge, loosely wrapped in foil. Eat within a week or so. I suppose you can also freeze it but I haven’t personally tried that yet.
Want more bread substitutes for Keto and Low-carb lifestyle? Visit the bread substitutes category here. All recipes are low-carb, grain-free, wheat-free, gluten-free, and 100% Keto friendly.