I like to keep some prepped zucchini noodles in my fridge since they are so versatile and can help fill many different flavor profile cravings. If you want to know how to prep and sweat zucchini noodles (“zoodles”), see info from this post.
On the keto diet, it is a good idea to buy yourself a good Spiralizer such as this one. It is so easy to make noodle substitutes with this!
If you have any prepped zoodles, you can make this 5 minute plate with lasagna flavors with minimal effort.
You will need:
- Some zoodles
- 3 TBSP Full-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 TBSP Rao’s marinara sauce (this sauce has no soybean oil and no added sugar)
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 TBSP grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Turn the oven broiler on (high) and put an oven rack near the top
- Get a small oven pan/tray, ideally nonstick. The ones for personal sized pizzas are good.
- Throw on a pile of zoodles
- Spread on the Ricotta cheese and Marinara sauce and kinda blend together on top of the zoodles
- Add the shredded cheeses
- Put into the oven for about 5 minutes, or until cheese on top is bubbly and melty
- Remove from oven and sprinkle on Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Enjoy straight off the pan!