Similar to my post for Zucchini lasagna rollups but without the work of rolling up the zucchini. This is casserole style so it’s simplified so the layers are a little less tedious.
First I took a vegetable spiralizer (I love this one!) and put it on the ribbon setting. You could also use a vegetable peeler but it’s a lot more work. I used 2 zucchinis for this recipe. I then sweat the noodle ribbons. See more info on spiralizers and sweating noodles in my other post here.
- 2 Zucchinis, ribboned and sweated.
- 1 jar of Rao’s marinara sauce (has no soybean oil or added sugars)
- 1 pound of ground beef, ideally grass fed
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 32 oz tub of ricotta
- 1 egg
- 8 TBSP Parmesan cheese, grated
- 8 oz of Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Italian seasonings
- salt and pepper
- Brown the ground beef and saute the onions in a large skillet. Add in Italian seasonings and salt and pepper. Add the marinara sauce and mix around. Add more oregano or Italian seasoning if desired. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix ricotta with egg, garlic salt, and Parmesan cheese until well combined. Set aside.
- Assemble your casserole: Spread a tiny amount of the marinara mixture on bottom of 9×13″ baking dish
- Add 1/2 of your zucchini ribbons
- Add 1/2 of your ricotta mixture
- Add 1/2 of the remaining marinara mixture
- Add 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese
- Repeat ribbons, ricotta, marinara, and mozzarella cheeses mixture
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Cheese should be melty throughout.
If you love lasagna flavors like I do, check out my entire category of lasagna keto dishes here.