All the flavor of a loaded baked potato but in a keto/low-carb casserole.
You will need:
- 1 head of cauliflower, large, cut into small florets/bite-sized pieces
- 3 TBSP grassfed butter, melted
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- Black pepper
- 8 pieces of bacon
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 TBSP Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3/4 cup of Sour Cream, full fat
- 2 cups of cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup of green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 F
- In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower florets with the melted butter and some salt and pepper, then spread over a 9×13″ baking dish, and roast for 20 minutes. The edges should be darkened when it’s done. Remove and set aside.
- While the cauliflower is baking in step above, cook the bacon. Chop the bacon into small bite sized pieces, then fry in a frying pan until done/crispy. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and put on a paper towel to drain.
- While step 2 is still in process, start to make the mixture that you will eventually toss the roasted cauliflower in. In a large bowl, whisk the heavy whipping cream with the sour cream until it’s smooth. Then add in the minced garlic, 3/4 cup of the cheddar cheese, 2/3 of the green onions, 3/4 of the cooked drained bacon pieces, and a little more salt and pepper. Stir together.
- Take the roasted cauliflower and add it to the bowl with the mixture from above, and toss. Then transfer entire mixture to the roasting baking dish.
- .Top with the remaining 1 and 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese and remaining 1/4 of bacon pieces.
- Bake for 5 minutes or so until the cheese seems melted. If you want crispier cheese on top, broil for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/3 cup of green onions on top, let cool slightly, and enjoy!