This keto drink is fun and refreshing!
While this drink is keto friendly, you should read more info on Keto and alcohol on my Dirty Martini post here. Also strawberries should be an occasional treat while on Keto (not a daily intake) and you should wait until you are fat-adapted to have them.
- 5 (~75g) frozen strawberries, ideally organic
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- 1-2 TBSP cold water
- 1/4 tsp basil, dry, or finely chopped fresh
- 1 TBSP of pyure or other keto approved sweetener (optional but helps cut the bitterness)
- 1 double jigger of Vodka (I like Kettle One)
- 1/4 cup of crushed ice
- Blend together the first 6 ingredients in a blender, such as a Ninja, or a nutri bullet (if it’s not strong enough to spin, add a tad more water; you want this to be a thick puree).
- Move the blended puree to a martini/cocktail shaker
- Add the double jigger of Vodka and crushed ice to the shaker
- Close tightly and shake for about 30 seconds.
- Serve in a chilled martini glass
This drink is dangerously good. You should only have one because strawberries do have natural sugars, and having a 2nd may put you over your 20 carb limit for the day, so pay attention and measure/weigh your berries.