A keto twist on a traditionally sugary topping/sauce.
- 1 TBSP grassfed butter
- 3-4 strawberries, cut up into small pieces
- 1 TBSP of pyure or other keto approved sweetener
- 1 oz of water
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat
- Add in strawberry pieces. Stir around for 10 minutes.
- Add Pyure and stir another few minutes
- Add in the water to make it more saucy. Stir another minute.
- Serve over a home-made keto vanilla ice cream OR serve it over a warm baked brie!
Note: Strawberry consumption should be minimal on a ketogenic diet, especially if you still have fat to lose. It’s also best not to have any berries until you are fat-adapted (usually several months of being in ketosis) since they do have natural sugars.