The stuffing in this chicken balances the typical dryness of the chicken breast and adds the right amount of fat. A full meal inside of a chicken breast.
- 1 pound of large chicken breasts (skinless/boneless). Ideally 2 breasts, half a pound each
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1.5 cups of fresh spinach
- 4 TBSP Ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese, grated
- Kosher salt
- A pinch of pink salt, paprika, and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Heat a saute pan over medium heat. Add the oil, and once warm add the spinach. Stir around for about 3 minutes. It should be slightly wilted.
- Add the Ricotta cheese and stir for about a minute
- Remove mixture from heat. Set aside.
- Prep the chicken: Cut slits into the breast about 1/2 an inch a part. Cut deeply (about 3/4 through) but do not cut through the breast.
- Sprinkle kosher salt over the chicken (kosher sticks best)
- Take the Ricotta spinach mixture and stuff it into each slit of the chickens
- Sprinkle on pink salt and pepper over top of the chicken
- Sprinkle on the cheese on top of each chicken
- Add paprika to the top, for color
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Juices should run clear once cooked, and cheese should be fully melted.
- Enjoy hot!
For a fun twist, instead of putting the stuffing in the “back”, put it onto a flattened chicken breast, roll it up, dip it in an egg wash and roll it in almond meal:
Recipe modified from TipHero