Throw out that boxed garbage. This homemade pan of deliciousness will show you how mac and cheese is supposed to taste.
Traditional noodles are replaced with spaghetti squash to create this low carb goto dish.
I use the recipe from cavemanketo, but with some alterations:
- I exchange the nasty green peppers for bacon, because, why not. Keto.
- I replace the 4 oz of cheddar for freshly grated asiago
- I add a teaspoon or so of lemon juice to the cheese sauce
- For the 12 oz aged cheddar, I use whatever cheddar I have in the fridge, typically sharp.
- I use frozen chopped onions for convenience
- I added Pink Himalayan Sea Salt and fresh black pepper
An hour or so later, and this comes out of your oven:
For added color, sprinkle some paprika prior to baking.