An easy yet satisfying breakfast you can cook ahead.
- 1 pound of breakfast sausage
- Herbs of choice, such as dried tarragon, oregano, parsley, thyme, etc. (optional)
- 1 8 oz pack of cream cheese
- 1/4 cup beef stock
- 8 oz pack of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pack of sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of chopped white onion
- Optional: Pack of spinach; bell peppers; additional veggies
- salt and pepper
- 12 pasture raised eggs
- Brown 1 pound of breakfast sausage in a larger than necessary skillet. Add any herbs of choice.
- Add a package of cream cheese,1/4 cup of beef stock, and a little salt and pepper and mix until well combined. Simmer 15 minutes to reduce.
- While simmering, saute some mushrooms and onions in a separate skillet with butter. Add in other veggies of choice such as spinach or peppers if you like. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together 12 pasture-raised eggs. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Build the casserole. In a 9×13 inch baking pan, add half of the sausage cream cheese mixture, followed by a layer of veggies, and a layer of shredded cheddar cheese. Repeat once. Then pour egg mixture on top. Add more shredded cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Optional: At about 35 minutes, remove and add even more cheese. Place it under the broiler for 2 minutes to crisp up.
Did you enjoy this breakfast casserole? Try also my Bacon Egg & Cheese Breakfast Casserole! Loaded with creamy goodness.