Try this pan fried salmon with a buttery creamy sauce with spinach and tomatoes!
You will need:
- 2 to 4 salmon fillets, approximately 6 oz, skin on, rinsed and dried
- The following ingredients are based off a 2 fillet dinner. For 4, double recipe below:
- 1 TBSP of coconut oil
- 2 TBSP grass-fed butter
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 TBSP Heavy cream
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Salt, pepper, basil, parsley, or other herbs of choice
- Heat a large skillet with the oil over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle the salmon with salt (kosher sticks best) and black pepper
- Add the salmon to the pan skin side UP and heat for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Flip so skin side is down and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Set salmon aside for later
- Add the butter to the pan you cooked the salmon in, then stir in garlic when butter is hot.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add the spinach and stir until almost wilting, then add the tomatoes. Sprinkle tomatoes with additional salt and pepper.
- Add the heavy cream and any herbs of choice (fresh or dried). Stir. Once cream is hot stir in the parmesan and lemon juice. Reduce for a few minutes.
- Add Salmon back to the pan, and simmer for 2-3 more minutes, basting with the sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!
I also baked some asparagus and topped it with some of the extra sauce from the pan. It paired well with the flavors of this dish.