I love eggnog during the holiday season. Other than the added sugar junk, eggnog is actually very Keto already.
There are versions out on the internet that require separating egg yolks and all that, but I found this recipe to be just as effective.
The spice measurements don’t have to be exact. Adjust based on your preference on spice taste.
- Throw the following in a blender or magic bullet:
- 4 Pasture raised eggs
- 4 TBSP organic heavy whipping cream
- 2 TBSP Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 TBSP of a keto-approved sweetener
- A dash of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of ground clove
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum (a little goes a long way, so if you double or triple my recipe, do NOT add anymore xanthum gum. Keep at at 1/4 tsp or else the eggnog will become too “airy”)
- Blend for 20-30 seconds until thick and well combined
- Put into the fridge overnight. You theoretically could drink it now, but it won’t be very cold, plus I find it thickens more overnight.
- Serve with an extra sprinkle of nutmeg on top
This recipe makes about 2-4 servings based on how much you like to drink at a time. Store it in a small Mason jar.
Optional – Make it adult. Add a couple shots of your favorite liquor. Make sure it’s a liquor, and not a liqueur or anything with sugar added to it. Whiskey or Rum should suffice.
Optional – To make it even thicker, you could add in a scoop of whey protein isolate, such as this one.