Eggs are extremely healthy. They contain every vitamin your body needs, except for Vitamin C. I try to eat at least 2 full large eggs each day.
However, eggs can get boring, right? Well they don’t have to be. Dress them up. Think of any flavor of a dish you enjoy, and stack the flavors on top of eggs.
In this plate I put all the flavor of a pizza over 2 pan fried eggs. The result? Beyond delicious, and anything far from boring!
Try it it below.
- 2 Large eggs, ideally organic and free-range
- 1 TBSP grass-fed butter
- 1/4 cup of Mozzarella cheese
- 3 TBSP of Rao’s Pizza sauce (this brand has no added sugar, and does not add poisonous inflammatory soybean oil like most brands do)
- 3-4 large pepperonis from the deli area, or 5-6 smaller pepperoni slices sold near the beef jerky in most stores
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Pink Himalayan Sea Salt and a pinch of black pepper.
- 1 tsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and melt the butter.
- Once butter is melted, reduce heat to medium-low and crack the eggs to fry them. Add little pink salt and pepper.
- Once eggs are to your liking (over easy, medium, hard), flip them over.
- Immediately add the cheese on tops of the eggs so it can start to melt.
- Place the pizza sauce in the pan next to the eggs to heat up. Once slightly heated scoop over top of the cheese.
- Place the pepperonis in the frying pan next to the eggs to heat up. Once they start to grease, put them on top of the pizza sauce
- Sprinkle Italian seasoning and grated Parmesan cheese
- Carefully transfer stacked eggs to a plate and enjoy!
435 Calories / 3g carbs / 36g fat / 24g protein. (Hint: You can cut 50 calories and 5.5g fat if you use 1/2 TBSP butter instead).