I think the flavors in Beef Stroganoff are fantastic. I never really knew what the purpose of the noodles were… they just get in the way of the flavor. So I made this recipe by simply omitting the noodles and it was delicious and filling.
- 1 Pound of ground beef, ideally grass-fed
- 2 TBSP minced onions, dehydrated
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- Pink Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup of full-fat sour cream, or more if you’d like
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried tarragon (optional, I just really like tarragon)
- Simply brown the ground beef with the dehydrated onions, and then drain some of the fat (not that you should be scared of fat, but rather keeping too much may make it too greasy to eat)
- Add all of the seasonings and sour cream. Stir. Adjust flavors based on preference.
You could probably also sub some of the sour cream for heavy whipping cream.
You could also chop up some mushrooms and cook them with the beef to add the mushroom flavor.
Worcestershire sauce does usually have some sugar/carbs, so just use it sparingly. If you are fat-adapted you should be fine, as the sugar in worcestershire sauce is an insignificant amount. Just be sure to add it to your carb counts for the day.